In this episode, Bree and Jesse discuss the phenomenon of Kickstarter backer outrage and what companies can do to avoid it. We also report on the legal battle between Wizards of the Coast and ACD Distribution, while Chris and Kitty run down Kickstarters for "The Umbrella Academy," "Quest," and "Massive Darkness 2."
- Wizards of the Coast and ACD Distribution appear to cut ties following a lengthy legal battle.
- AEG CEO John Zinser hospitalized after emergency surgery.
- "That's So Clever" gets even more so the third time around.
- "The Quacks of Quedlinburg" brush up on their alchemy.
- "Keyforge" dives deep with "Dark Tidings."
- Ant Man goes big with "Marvel Champions: The Card Game."
- "Dungeons & Dragons: Adventure Begins" board game aims to introduce new players to D&D.
- "The Great Dalmuti" gets a D&D makeover for its 25th birthday.
- "SNØ" hits the ice for "The Magnificent."
- Stefan Feld lights it up with "Bonfire."
- Dire Wolf teases plots within plots of "Dune: Imperium."
Bree and Jesse discuss backer outrage, highlighting some of the complaints surrounding AEG's recent Kickstarter for "Dead Reckoning," and discussing how companies can avoid having angry backers derail their campaigns.
- The Umbrella Academy
- Massive Darkness 2: Hellscape
NEW & UPCOMING RELEASES:
- Undaunted: North Africa
- The Lord of the Rings LCG: The Land of Sorrow
- Legend of the Five Rings LCG: Campaigns of Conquest
- Marvel Champions LCG: Hulk Hero Pack
- Arkham Horror LCG: Return to the Forgotten Age
- Bar Barians
- Midnight Brunch
- Smiles and Daggers
- Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion (now in general distribution)